The landhouse in the vicinity of the
Dezso Laczkó Museum, one of the earliest exhibition halls of its kind
in Hungary, was constructed in 1935 from public donations on the pattern
of a last-century Öcs dwelling. The living quarters are entered through
a single door, across the balustraded and pillared veranda. The building
has three rooms; the kitchen has an open chimney, with a prismatic oven.
From here, the main room was heated by a green tile-, or flap-tile stove,
made by a Veszprém stove-setter and potter in 1845. The kitchen opens
onto the angular main room. The oldest pieces of furniture are two chairs
with carved backs dating from 1704. The other furnishings are characteristic
of the Reformed lower nobility living in Veszprém county. In the back
room is an operational flask-maker's workshop.